Wednesday, November 12, 2008
This is my dancing Cats quilt I made a while back. All of the fabrics with the exception of the skirts is hand dyed by me. Since I don't have a lot of space and was fearful of my own clumsiness, I used a technique that involved mason jars. You mix up your dyes in small mason jars and then stuff your fabric into the jar. That way you can put a lid on them while they soak in the dye. If you really scrunch it in there as it absorbs the liquid, it is surprising how much you can fit in a small jar. I used dye ready muslin that I purchased through Dharma trading in California for the fabric. You could also just use pre-washed muslin as well. I really enjoyed making this one!